This is a hands-on position where the working supervisor participates in receiving, put away, picking, packing, and shipping, as well as supervising the employees. The distribution center is open from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. and has 2 shifts that overlap which the supervisor will oversee.
The Supervisor's duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise the functions of the warehouse workers.
- Establish warehouse practices and protocols to achieve an efficient warehouse.
- Set warehouse and team goals in collaboration with executive management.
- Monitor workplace performance and lead training initiatives to improve employee performance.
- Delegate and assign tasks and targets and evaluate the work of the staff.
- Adhere to the compliance of all legal and safety procedures.
- Supervise proper shift allocations and ensure efficiency of all warehouse staff.
- Monitor warehouse inventory and perform cycle counting to ensure that all materials are reflected in reported inventory.
- Organize and conduct necessary training activities for the staff and workers.
- Ensure the proper functioning and safe operations of all warehouse tools and equipment.
- Work effectively with other managers within functional team and supports new team members.
- Effectively prepare and run internal meetings with supporting analytics and data.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
The successful candidate should have:
- 5+ years of warehouse experience in receiving, shipping, and customer service in an RF-based system.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Solid organizational skills.
- Ability to repeatedly lift up to 75 lbs unassisted and maneuvering product 150+ lbs.
- Ability to participate on both first and second shift and work overtime as needed.